CHEVINGTON, two townships and a chapelry in Warkworth parish, Northumberland. The townships are designated East and West; and they lie on the Northeastern railway, between Widdrington and Acklington stations, 5 ½ miles SSW of Warkworth. Acres, 2,225, and 1,804. Real property, £6,999; of which £1,363 are in mines. Pop., 651 and 161. Houses, 121 and 32. The chapelry was constituted in 1862; and is of somewhat less extent than the townships. Post-town, Widdrington, under Morpeth. Pop., 635. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Durham. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Durham.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].