Chatton, a parish in Glendale district, Northumberland; on the river Till, 4 ½ miles E of Wooler, and 6 ¾ WSW of Lucker r. station. It has a post-office under Belford. Acres, 17,090. Real property, £14,922. Pop., 1,651. Houses, 310. The papery is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham. Value, £198. Patron, the Duke of Northumberland. The church is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].